Changes to the Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Recreation SOP:
Recreational Permits are no longer for sale. Fishing, Hunting, or Combo Permits only. Recreational activities like berry picking and bird watching are covered by a fishing permit.
Boundary gate at end of FS road 42 & 27 in F14 is closed permanently. No travel down FS Road 42 when F14 is closed to access open areas south of Canoochee River.
Those who receive a suspension for not returning their harvest record will have their suspension lifted once the harvest record is returned. Otherwise, the suspension is for 1 year.
Use of silencers is prohibited on FS/HAAF.
If gun is registered at other Army base, no need to register at FS/HAAF.
No paddle-boarding is allowed on the installation.
Big game weapons are allowed for hog hunting after deer season until day before turkey season in all firearms areas.
Alligator hunting is now allowed on FS. For more details on alligator hunting on Ft. Stewart, please look in section 2-1, paragraph w of the SOP.
Deer Harvest Records are now available
Log into your account and select Acquire permits. If you would like to have it mailed to your house, make sure your address is correct in your account. Select pick up at Fish and Wildlife if you don't want it mailed to your house. Allow for 1 day after you select the pickup at Fish and Wildlife option.
Safety Brief and Quiz
Starting MONDAY, 22 APRIL 2019, you will be required to watch a short PERMIT ACCESS BRIEF and take a quiz PRIOR to checking in or acquiring permits. The short video and quiz can be found under the My Safety Brief tab after you log in. This will take approx. 3 minutes
Fort Stewart iSportsman
Welcome to Fort Stewart/Hunter Army Airfield (FS/HAAF)!!
Home of the 3rd Infantry Division
And nearly 250,000 recreational acres!
Whether you enjoy hunting, fishing, bird watching, horseback riding, or a variety of other activities, Ft. Stewart/HAAF has what you are looking for. And now, access is easier with the new iSportsman System. You can now purchase your permit, check area status, check into and out of areas, and read the SOP all from this site!
HARVEST RECORD RETURN POLICY: Hunters who request a harvest record for deer and/or turkey season are required to return them to the Fish and Wildlife Office. Although the requirement itself is nothing new, the fact that this rule is now being enforced is new. You must return the harvest record whether you record a harvest or not. The penalty for not returning the harvest record is a 1-year suspension. However, hunters can get their suspension lifted if they return the harvest record to the Fish and Wildlife Office, in person or by mail (address is on the card). If harvest card is lost, please call the Fish and Wildlife Office at 912-767-9040 or 912-767-2584
- "REGISTER" to create an account.
- Each person must have their own account.
- Only 1 account per email address. The system will not recognize multiple accounts using the same email address.
- Once you have an iSportsman account (NOT a Pass & Permit account), go to "ACQUIRE PERMITS".
- Find the permit(s) you wish to acquire and "ADD TO CART"
- Once you have added all the permits you wish to acquire, select "VIEW CART & CHECK OUT"
- Verify the permits are correct and "CHECKOUT".
- "CONFIRM" your order, "PRINT PERMITS", and "RETURN TO HOME"
- You can now "CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT"
- Select "CHECK-IN"
- Select your "ACTIVITY" (ie, fishing, hunting, bird watching, etc.)
- Acknowledge the required check-out time
- Select the AREA you wish to recreate in. Only areas that are OPEN will be available for selection.
- If it is after 12noon, you will have the option for today or tomorrow.
- "CONFIRM CHECK-IN". You are now checked-in for the activity and area you selected.
- Place the printed out permit on the dash of your vehicle while you are recreating.
- When you are finished for the day, or wish to move to another area, you must "CHECK-OUT"
- LOGIN to your account
- Select "CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT"
- The page will show you where you are currently checked-in. Select "CHECK-OUT"
- If you were hunting, fishing, or frog-gigging, you will be asked "DID YOU CATCH OR COLLECT ANY HARVEST?"
- If you did not, select "NO", then "CONFIRM CHECK-OUT"
- If you caught fish or harvested game, please select "YES". The site will prompt you to select the game and/or fish you harvested and amounts. Other information may be requested for white-tailed deer, largemouth bass, eastern wild turkey, and feral hogs.
- Once you have completed entering harvested fish and game, select "CONFIRM CHECK-OUT"
Permit holders may sign into or out of areas and ponds by using this website, or by dialing 866 377-1011.